Football season is upon us. And for many people, this is their favorite time of year – football, wings, friends, and beer! But for many, it is also the time of year that they lose track of their goals. A college football game runs on average 3 1/2 hours and a professional football game is on average 3 hours. Depending on your dedication to the sport you may spend a few hours to multiple days a week for the almost 5-month season watching TV. Why not use that time for some exercise? Below are a few tips to help you stay on track while cheering on your favorite team.
- When your team is facing 3rd down, drink a swing of water from that Fitlife bottle for 3 seconds.
- Why? Many snack meals such as chips and salsa are high in sodium. Flush that out by drinking water!
- 1-minute plank exercise for every timeout.
- Why? Your core, shoulders, pecs, lower back, upper back, and legs are all involved in holding a plank. It’s a full body work out and a great way to burn extra calories.
- 1 Push Up for every point scored. (Can be modified by doing on your knees)
- Why? In order to properly hold your body upright, your entire core must be strong enough to support its positions. The muscles responsible for supporting a vertical posture are strengthened and fine-tuned during a push-up.
- 10 air squats every First down.
- Why? They target your hamstrings, quadriceps, and glutes. Squats help promote bone health and regeneration as well as increases in strength of large muscle groups. Air squats also help to build both a solid strength foundation and balance in your lower body.
- 20 jumping jacks every penalty flag.
- Why? Jumping jacks help the heart muscles and other organs like the lungs. Jumping jacks are an aerobic cardio exercise, which means that you use oxygen to meet the energy demands and stimulate the heart muscles. The heart has to work extra to pump enough oxygenated blood and also bring back the carbon dioxide loaded blood from the cells.
Have a wellness question? Coach Katie can help!
Ask Coach Katie
Enjoy $30 off your first weekly home delivery.
Use code: fitblog-30
STAY IN THE LOOP
menu fresh with new and different Featured FitMeals.